I'm obsessed with taking pictures. I picked up this hobby two years ago and started taking pictures with my Canon Rebel. And since then I have met some of the most talented photographers that come from every walks of life. My neighbor, who came to America to study at Seminary, used to teach photography in Korea. My manager from Banana Republic, who takes beautiful pictures of nature and cemeteries, recently quit his job and moved to Seattle to pursue his dream of becoming a photographer. A good friend of mine who recently graduated with a journalism and photography degree has incredible amount of experience with sports and wedding photography. And more recently I met a young girl who graduated from High School who is the real deal. She's able to capture and communicate the deepest emotional struggles of girls her age. Yet, all these photographers already have a style and medium that have matured over thousands and thousands of pictures. Looking at their pictures inspires me. Talking with them about photography motivates me. But is passion for photography enough? I honestly don't want to be the fool with a nice camera thinking he can take good pictures.
The purpose of this blog site is to see if I'm a champ or a chump. I'll be taking 365 pictures (1 picture a day) for 1 year. My goal is to grow technically and artistically. But more importantly, I hope that each picture would tell a story through the eyes of an amateur photographer from Kentucky. Let the journey begin....
________________________________________________________________________________________________
The picture above was taken with a Canon 7D 50mm. This picture was taken during an inner-city mission trip to a place called "over-the-rhine" in Cincinnati, Ohio.
No comments:
Post a Comment